IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is a global network of IEEE members and volunteers dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering and science.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
Mission & Vision of IEEE WIE
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to:
- Provide assistance with the formation of new IEEE WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities.
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.
The core committee of IEEE WIE NHCE consists of the following members:
|Position||Name||IEEE Membership ID|
|CHAIR||DIVYA SHREE R||97485361|
|VICE CHAIR||DEVIKA K|
|SECRETARY||GREESHMA M N||97495801|
|NOMINATION COMMITTEE CHAIR||ANJALI||97500273|
|Name||IEEE Membership ID|
|Vanshika Sai Ramadurgam||97714511|
|Ritika Basavaraj Hiremath||97648398|
|Sri Tanmayi Ch||97646329|